Definición de logicism en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Philosophy
The theory that all mathematics can ultimately be deduced from purely formal logical axioms, introduced by Frege and developed by Bertrand Russell.
- This aim makes Frege the first to fully develop the main thesis of logicism, that mathematics is reducible to logic.
- They explicitly disavow the classical philosophies of formalism, logicism, Platonism, intuitionism, and social constructivism.
- Of equal significance during this same period was Russell's defence of logicism, the theory that mathematics was in some important sense reducible to logic.
- Example sentences
- It would build on the early work in axiomatizing branches of mathematics, as well as the monumental efforts of logicists like Frege in developing rigorous logical systems.
- I don't think I am doing him an injustice if I say that epistemologically he was essentially a logicist and positivist.
- This goal is remarkably similar to those of the common sense logicists, but the research methodology is entirely different.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan