Definición de logicism en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Philosophy
The theory that all mathematics can ultimately be deduced from purely formal logical axioms, introduced by Frege and developed by Bertrand Russell.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This aim makes Frege the first to fully develop the main thesis of logicism, that mathematics is reducible to logic.
- They explicitly disavow the classical philosophies of formalism, logicism, Platonism, intuitionism, and social constructivism.
- Of equal significance during this same period was Russell's defence of logicism, the theory that mathematics was in some important sense reducible to logic.
- logicist sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It would build on the early work in axiomatizing branches of mathematics, as well as the monumental efforts of logicists like Frege in developing rigorous logical systems.
- I don't think I am doing him an injustice if I say that epistemologically he was essentially a logicist and positivist.
- This goal is remarkably similar to those of the common sense logicists, but the research methodology is entirely different.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda