A spiny Caribbean tree of the pea family, the dark heartwood of which yields haematoxylin and other dyes.
- Haematoxylon campechianum, family Leguminosae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The early settlers were attracted by the logwood, from which was extracted dyes used by the Lancashire cotton industry.
- On land, they plundered logwood, a tree used to produce a dye used in the woolen industry.
- The region was a habitat for logwood, a species of small tree found in parts of the southwestern Caribbean that was most commonly used to make a black dye.
Definición de logwood en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.