- 1The part of the body on both sides of the spine between the lowest (false) ribs and the hip bones.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What is the diagnostic significance of microhaematuria in patients with pain in the loin or lower urinary tract symptoms?
- He suffered from pain in the loins, scanty urine, hematuria, and generalized edema.
- Only breast, rib cage and, less distinctly, loin and thigh are exposed.
- 1.1 (loins) chiefly • literary The region of the sexual organs regarded as the source of erotic or procreative power: he felt a stirring in his loins at the thoughtMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The feeling in his chest, and in his loins, returned.
- His body responded to his mind, flooding his loins, yet again.
- Does this young man wholly escape guilt of lust, simply because his gluttonous palate overbore his lustful loins?
- 1.2A joint of meat that includes the vertebrae of the loins: loin of porkMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Jamie ordered fillet of beef wrapped in pancetta with port, shallot and foie gras ravioli, while I chose the loin of venison with fresh sage and honeyed Armagnac sweetbreads.
- The house-smoked loin of pork is prepared on a Li'l Chief smoker (the kind you see at football tailgate parties).
- Distinctive dishes such as loin of pork cooked in milk, which reduces to provide a grainy sauce, appear in Italian and Spanish cooking.
Middle English: from Old French loigne, based on Latin lumbus.
Más definiciones de loinDefinición de loin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.