- 1Sadness because one has no friends or company: feelings of depression and lonelinessMás ejemplos en oraciones
isolation, friendlessness, lack of friends/companions, forsakenness, abandonment, rejection; unpopularity; sadness, unhappiness, forlornness, despondency; North American lonesomenesssolitariness, solitude, lack of company, aloneness, separationisolation, remoteness, inaccessibility, seclusion, secludedness; desertedness
- Indeed, being alone in a crowd can give us a profound sense of loneliness.
- Soon I realized I was using his energy to fill the loneliness I felt.
- He wept for his cousin, he wept for his loneliness, and most of all he wept for the only woman he could ever love.
- 1.1The fact of being without companions; solitariness: the loneliness of a sailor’s lifeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Loneliness has rarely sounded so celebratory or inviting.
- I like the loneliness of it, because there's not so many people you have to deal with.
- Studies have shown that loneliness can contribute to poor health and illness.
- 2(Of a place) the quality of being unfrequented and remote; isolation: the loneliness of the farmMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That's not the wind you hear; it's the loneliness of the empty farmyards.