An unhappy or disappointed expression: if you go to the party, don’t spoil your Uncle’s evening with a long face
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Since we have a tendency to make long faces over issues that should otherwise make the countenance of our nation a smiling one, we take everything with a pinch of salt.
- The performances are so stifled that at times one feels like throttling the characters to extract some kind of expression from them, apart from the usual long face.
- The management had long faces when they found out.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was not a pleasant experience, driving along the road along with dozens of other long-faced motorists, all obviously suffering from post Bank Holiday blues.
- Halfway down a flight of stairs he encounters a long-faced, very earnest fellow strumming a guitar and singing to a group of young women who might well be Romance-language majors.
- Journalism may need some long-faced fellows to look backward and tell us how things have gone badly, but that species is in more than adequate supply.
Definición de long face en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda