Definición de long face en inglés:
An unhappy or disappointed expression: if you go to the party, don’t spoil your Uncle’s evening with a long face
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Since we have a tendency to make long faces over issues that should otherwise make the countenance of our nation a smiling one, we take everything with a pinch of salt.
- The performances are so stifled that at times one feels like throttling the characters to extract some kind of expression from them, apart from the usual long face.
- The management had long faces when they found out.
- Example sentences
- It was not a pleasant experience, driving along the road along with dozens of other long-faced motorists, all obviously suffering from post Bank Holiday blues.
- Halfway down a flight of stairs he encounters a long-faced, very earnest fellow strumming a guitar and singing to a group of young women who might well be Romance-language majors.
- Journalism may need some long-faced fellows to look backward and tell us how things have gone badly, but that species is in more than adequate supply.
Definición de long face en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan