Definición de long shot en inglés:
An attempt or guess that has only the slightest chance of succeeding or being accurate: it’s a long shot, but well worth trying
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I thought I'd call the police station, just on the off chance, the long shot that it had turned up.
- Though not impossible, attempting to obtain permission for residential use would be a long shot.
- It's still a long shot but increased exposure is building up experience and the chances are shortening.
(not) by a long shot
- informal (Not) by far or at all: she had not told Rory everything, not by a long shotMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We don't have our act together in Washington by a long shot.
- We're barely into April and the serious hurling hasn't started by a long shot yet.
- Small business is the key to prosperity and is the State's largest employer by a long shot.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda