- 1(In bridge or whist) a holding of several cards of one suit in a hand, typically 5 or more out of the 13.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This strategy suits hands which look to be strong in honour cards or have a long suit that may be run through without ruffs by the opponent.
- For example, this third hand could be used to discard weaker cards, or to stack with a long suit in the hope that suit comes up trumps.
- This method of signalling allows you to preserve a long suit and discard unwanted single cards.
- 2 [usually with negative] (one's long suit) One’s outstanding personal quality or achievement: tact was not his long suitMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's not my long suit (not even my short suit), although the few abstract pictures of dinosaur-like shapes on a cave wall he documents would seem to do little to disprove the theory of evolution as he claims.
- The less sure-footed his receivers became, the more Manning had to buy time by improvisation, never his long suit.
Más definiciones de long suitDefinición de long suit en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.