Definición de long suit en inglés:
1(In bridge or whist) a holding of several cards of one suit in a hand, typically 5 or more out of the 13.
- This strategy suits hands which look to be strong in honour cards or have a long suit that may be run through without ruffs by the opponent.
- For example, this third hand could be used to discard weaker cards, or to stack with a long suit in the hope that suit comes up trumps.
- This method of signalling allows you to preserve a long suit and discard unwanted single cards.
2 [usually with negative] (one's long suit) One’s outstanding personal quality or achievement: tact was not his long suit
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's not my long suit (not even my short suit), although the few abstract pictures of dinosaur-like shapes on a cave wall he documents would seem to do little to disprove the theory of evolution as he claims.
- The less sure-footed his receivers became, the more Manning had to buy time by improvisation, never his long suit.
Definición de long suit en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan