Definición de longboat en inglés:
1A large boat which may be launched from a sailing ship: he was cast adrift in a longboat by the mutinous crew
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The longboat was launched before a crowd of about 500 at Town Beach, the cradle of history in this district.
- The bows of the longboat collided with the dock, causing the little boats to pitch and sway in a haphazard fashion.
- Hadleigh looked towards the pirate ship to see three longboats full of men rowing towards them.
2 another term for longship.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Thankfully these are not Norse raisers in their longboats, but the Royal Marines' new all-terrain vehicles, now being delivered to Corps units.
- Tall ships, small ships, pirate ships, submarines, rafts, and Viking longboats might all put in an appearance.
- Still, by the time Wonka and his guests set sail, the fact that their ship is a Viking longboat carved from a big boiled sweet seems almost mundane.
Definición de longboat en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda