- A large bow drawn by hand and shooting a long feathered arrow. It was the chief weapon of English armies from the 14th century until the introduction of firearms.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The movie features many different races using many different types of longbows and crossbows in warfare.
- In the fourteenth century Edward III incorporated mounted archers using the native longbow into his army.
- The thrown spear did not survive competition with the longbow, crossbow, and firearm in the West but it continued in cultures innocent of gunpowder.
Más definiciones de longbowDefinición de longbow en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.