- Their elaborate fabrics, woven on looms from cotton and alpaca wool, are known today because they were used in a type of mummification process.
- We know that they hunted animals with bows and arrows and that they wove textiles using looms.
- I pulled up everything I could find on the laptop pertaining to weaving, textiles, looms and spinning.
Old English gelōma 'tool', shortened to lome in Middle English.
Palabras que riman con loomabloom, assume, backroom, bloom, Blum, boom, broom, brume, combe, consume, doom, entomb, exhume, flume, foredoom, fume, gloom, Hume, illume, inhume, Khartoum, khoum, neume, perfume, plume, presume, resume, rheum, room, spume, subsume, tomb, vroom, whom, womb, zoom
verbo[no object, with adverbial]
- As we swam to the first buoy, we noticed strange shapes looming up at us from beneath the surface.
- A dark shape loomed before him and he fell backwards, giving a yelp of dismay at his outline.
- Against the dull, grey sky, a selection of dark shapes loomed before Blaze.
- Once well-deserved celebrations waned, the daunting task of finding a space loomed large.
- Despite police alerting people on the new rule, uncertainty loomed large on city roads till afternoon.
- My sense is that the probability of such an event looms nearer and grows larger with each passing day.
sustantivo[in singular] Volver al principio
- His memoirs state that he was "conscious of the loom of the land about 3 am", little more than an hour before the landing.
- From the Monday to the Thursday I doubt whether it was ever possible from our windows in Baker Street to see the loom of the opposite houses.
- Rock, nothing but ocean waves for another 170 miles until the loom of the Fastnet light lifts above the horizon.
- Thousands pay homage every year and the loom of its light is a sight for seafarers' eyes.
- In the distance, straight ahead off the bow, I could see the loom of the green five-second light of the Block Island lighthouse.
Mid 16th century: probably from Low German or Dutch; compare with East Frisian lōmen 'move slowly', Middle High German lüemen 'be weary'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.