- The part of a kidney tubule which forms a long loop in the medulla of the kidney, from which water and salts are resorbed into the blood.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The distal straight portion of the proximal tubule is in continuity with the thin limb of the loop of Henle, which extends into the kidney medulla and returns as the thick limb to the cortex.
- Loop diuretics frusemide and bumetanide have a powerful diuretic action, increasing the excretion of sodium and water via their action on the ascending limb of the loop of Henle.
- Moreover, other biological activities have been recognized, such as its action on the thick ascending limb of the loop of Henle and its role as a neurotransmitter or neuromodulator in the nervous system.
mid 19th century: named after Friedrich G. J. Henle (1809–85), German anatomist.
Más definiciones de loop of HenleDefinición de loop of Henle en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.