- A detail that is not yet settled or explained: Mark arrived back at his office to tie up any loose endsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The screenplay was so carefully written that everything is explained, loose ends are tied up.
- Those who like their loose ends tied should probably give it a miss, but if you're prepared to go with the flow, this is thrilling stuff.
- The plot does not follow a straight path whereby all the loose ends are tied up and everything finally starts to make sense.
be at a loose end (or North American at loose ends)
- Have nothing specific to do: why don’t you stay to eat, if you’re at a loose end?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was at loose ends in his hometown, and hoped the Marines would give his life some ‘structure and discipline.’
- She added: ‘Not all young people out on the streets get into trouble, but this offers them an alternative to being bored and getting involved in things they might if they were at a loose end.’
- After he'd gone, on Sunday we were at a loose end and found ourselves driving back into the countryside, driving aimlessly.
Más definiciones de loose endDefinición de loose end en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.