Definición de lossy en inglés:
1Having or involving the dissipation of electrical or electromagnetic energy.
- Note that this behavior is in complete agreement with fundamental physical laws because the material is both dispersive and lossy; thus, the energy velocity is not superluminal.
- Now, however, a new generation of polymers that manufacturers say are less lossy and more robust are making their way into components, thus opening up new ways to make modulators, switches, and attenuators.
- Again, the agreement between the full wave and quasi-static calculations is due to the use of equations 4 and 5 to find the surface impedance of the lossy semiconductor layer.
1.1 Computing (Of data compression) in which unnecessary information is discarded.
- Virtually all lossy compression schemes, whether for audio or video, work by a principle called ‘perceptual coding.’
- Something like JPEG or MP3 compression IS lossy.
- It's a hybrid of lossless and lossy compression - text, lines, and single color blocks use lossless compression, and photos and other complex images use lossy compression.
Definición de lossy en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan