Disreputable or sordid in a rakish or appealing way: the louche world of the theatre
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If you can't dance, stand at the bar and look louche.
- He made no apologies for his rackety lifestyle, his liking for louche and even sleazy companions, his lavish consumption of cigars, brandy and champagne.
- Lounge lizards will welcome this louche downtown bar boasting one of North America's largest vodka selections not to mention world-class wines.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ray's writing has the same exoticism, the same intellectual loucheness.
- This is probably the coolest film ever made: its quality of loucheness is unsurpassed.
- But if Byron was celebrated for his amorality and loucheness, so was the city he surveyed that drizzly November afternoon.
Early 19th century: from French, literally 'squinting'.
Palabras que riman con louchebarouche, cartouche, douche, farouche, ruche, sloosh, swoosh, tarboosh
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: louche
Definición de louche en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda