- Harsh voices followed after the loud noise and Gabrielle quickly, fearfully pulled her shoes back on and unlocked her stall.
- Last week she stayed put in her room, while the clatter of spoons and dishes, the noise of loud music and the drone of air coolers from the ground floor below made her restless.
- A cranky old man who scolds children for making noise violates with his loud voice the very quietness he upholds.
- Martina had been stereotyped as the tough one, sporty, strong and loud.
- If Peter were alive today, would I be so loud and insistent in demanding he step down?
- Safe to say we won't see that, although I'm sure there will be some very loud protests by both Parties in the near future.
- On it was a photograph of an older man dressed in a loud red plaid suit, gesturing with his thumb up.
- He's not loud and flashy, and he doesn't call a lot of attention to himself.
- I'm not saying children's entertainment has to be loud, flashy, and percussive - far from it.
- Of course, it's not easy to tackle persistent offending, but authoritarianism will never work - no matter how loud our politicians shout.
- From now on we'll be shouting loud and clear on your behalf and demanding to know who these people are.
- No matter how loud he shouted no one seemed to hear him.
loud and clear
- In a way that reduces or avoids confusion or misunderstanding: hopefully my point came across loud and clearMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The author's enthusiasm and infectious desire to communicate his ideas comes across loud and clear.
- We heard loud and clear from broadcasters, advertisers and viewers that they didn't see any benefits in an increase in overall advertising.
- The message is loud and clear that feelings of anxiety, despair and depression are common and treatable.
- Aloud; audibly: she laughed out loudMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We laughed out loud at this, which is more than we can say about the film.
- It is a moment so bloated and overblown, there is nothing to do but laugh out loud.
- I have to admit I laughed out loud, harder than I have for a long time. It was priceless.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A steady, loudening thumping was all the warning he had.
- Sound effects that would normally remain as background are loudened so evocatively that even temperatures are palpable.
- Morrison's voice stops and we are subjected to just the sound of the drums from the song and the loudening helicopters from the scene.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of course I didn't want to open my eyes and be confronted with that loudness so I pretended to stay asleep.
- Chris was speaking with theatrical loudness, so practically everybody on the coach could hear him talk.
- Given that, the loudness of the explosions was quite intense.
Old English hlūd, of West Germanic origin; related to Dutch luid, German laut, from an Indo-European root meaning 'hear', shared by Greek kluein 'hear', klutos 'famous' and Latin cluere 'be famous'.
Palabras que riman con loudaloud, becloud, cloud, crowd, enshroud, Macleod, proud, shroud, Stroud, unavowed, unbowed, unendowed, unploughed (US unplowed)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.