- 1Look angry or sullen; scowl: the lofty statue lours at patients in the infirmaryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He sat louring at the landscape as it slid past the window.
- When she is woken by the kiss, she silently expresses anger, just louring at him.
- He said nothing, only loured at me from the doorway.
- 1.1(Of the sky or landscape) look dark and threatening.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The sea is churning and the sky is louring, so buckets and spades are out of the question.
- The following morning, the sort of black cloud that lours over Mordor had swallowed the Cairngorm massif completely and a bitter wind kept the punters away.
sustantivoVolver al principio
Middle English: of unknown origin.