A large edible white-flowered plant of the parsley family.
- Several species in the family Umbelliferae, in particular a Mediterranean herb (Levisticum officinale), which is chiefly used for flavouring liqueurs
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What most people want is the pleasure of picking fresh salad leaves for supper and having a steady supply of easy to grow herbs, such as chives, parsley, lovage, tarragon, rosemary, thyme, mint and marjoram.
- Think about various dishes that are made and you will find at least one herb flavouring it; potatoes and chives or lovage, tomatoes and basil, spaghetti sauce and oregano, and many more.
- The consensus is that they tend to avoid aromatic herbs including garlic, onions, chives, rosemary, lavender, lemon balm, mint, tansy, lovage, marjoram, thyme, sage and fennel.
Middle English loveache, alteration (as if from love + obsolete ache 'parsley') of Old French luvesche, levesche, via late Latin levisticum from Latin ligusticum, neuter of ligusticus 'Ligurian'.
Más definiciones de lovageDefinición de lovage en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.