- 1Of low quality or standard: low-grade steelMás ejemplos en oraciones
poor-quality, inferior, substandard, below standard, second-rate; shoddy, cheap, shabby, reject, rubbishy, trashy, junky, bargain-basement, gimcrack; poor, bad, unsatisfactory, not up to par, not up to scratch; mediocre• informal tinpot
- The film has a very low-grade videotape visual quality, which I'm willing to bet stems from the low budget and heavy use of available light; nevertheless, it's still rather ugly.
- There has been no meaningful talk between the sides on what really ails the sport: the low-grade quality of the games themselves.
- The low-grade steel, which was given zero rust protection at the Naples plant, was just about acceptable in the warm, dry climate of the south.
- 1.1At a low level in a salary or employment structure: low-grade clerical jobsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At the time, he was a civilian assisting in the force's computer unit doing low-grade jobs such as imaging and downloading files.
- Do the people holding low-grade office and factory jobs have what it takes for the information age?
- It's the people in low-grade jobs who have less power and more anxiety.
- 1.2(Of a medical condition) of a less serious kind; minor: a low-grade malignancyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Patients with giant cell arteritis often have a variety of other symptoms, such as malaise, fatigue, low-grade fever, anorexia, weight loss, myalgias or arthralgias.
- Physical examination showed low-grade fever and a slightly tender, markedly enlarged spleen.
- Tick-borne diseases typically begin with a low-grade fever, headache, malaise, and possibly a rash.