1(Of a sound) deep or relatively quiet: the fin whale uses a low-pitched call
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our evolutionary fear of certain sounds, such as low-pitched sounds indicating aggression or high-pitched screeches indicating alarm-calls, has been with us for thousands of years.
- They point to research showing that manatees cannot hear the low-pitched sound of slow-moving boats and thus avoid approaching vessels.
- One was a high-pitched sound that resembled a doorbell while the other was a low-pitched sound that gradually increased in pitch.
2(Of a roof) having only a slight slope.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The roof is low-pitched and small dormer windows are sometimes used.
- The low-pitched roof form was sufficiently high to enable the inclusion of a first-floor cooking school, which overlooks the centre spine.
- Both buildings have low-pitched roofs and overhanging eaves supported by brackets that are typical of the style.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: low-pitched
Definición de low-pitched en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda