sustantivo[mass noun] (also lowlands)
1Low-lying country: economic power gravitated towards the lowlands [as modifier]: lowland farming
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the summer, they breed on marshy, lowland tundra at the northern limits of the boreal forest.
- It features everything from snow-capped mountains and river canyons to the lowlands of the Amazon basin.
- But up in the mountains there are not these extensive areas of lowland tundra where all the birds and the musk oxen can live.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Highlanders (those living inland, particularly in mountain areas) tend to see lowlanders (those living in the cities and towns around the coast) as untrustworthy and Westernized.
- The valleys have not lost their character but agricultural and industrial changes have depopulated some areas and opened others to an influx of lowlanders seeking holiday and retirement homes.
- Then a civil war in 1994 brought an influx of lowlanders with malaria to Karuzi.
Palabras que riman con lowlandPoland, Roland
Definición de lowland en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda