Definición de lowland en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] (also lowlands)
1Low-lying country: economic power gravitated towards the lowlands [as modifier]: lowland farming
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the summer, they breed on marshy, lowland tundra at the northern limits of the boreal forest.
- It features everything from snow-capped mountains and river canyons to the lowlands of the Amazon basin.
- But up in the mountains there are not these extensive areas of lowland tundra where all the birds and the musk oxen can live.
- Example sentences
- Highlanders (those living inland, particularly in mountain areas) tend to see lowlanders (those living in the cities and towns around the coast) as untrustworthy and Westernized.
- The valleys have not lost their character but agricultural and industrial changes have depopulated some areas and opened others to an influx of lowlanders seeking holiday and retirement homes.
- Then a civil war in 1994 brought an influx of lowlanders with malaria to Karuzi.
Definición de lowland en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan