- 1Expressed clearly; easy to understand: a lucid account write in a clear and lucid styleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's written in very concrete language, very lucid, easy to understand.
- Critics have noted his careful research, objectivity, and a lucid and understated but straightforward writing style.
- The marketing effort, articulated in a lucid style, has been superb.
- 1.1Showing or having the ability to think clearly, especially in intervals between periods of confusion or insanity: he has a few lucid moments every now and thenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- However, during a lucid interval he did give instructions to plead, but, if they had the benefit of the reports now before the court, the defence would have opted for a different course of action.
- Is it possible to conceive of madness without lucid intervals?
- We have heard from several people that close relatives with Alzheimer's disease became amazingly lucid for short periods of time after receiving narcotic pain relievers.
- 1.2 Psychology (Of a dream) experienced with the dreamer feeling awake, aware of dreaming, and able to control events consciously.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Maybe I'd be able to experience a lucid dream and explore the deeper, darker reaches of my mind.
- Some skeptics do not believe that there is such a state as lucid dreaming.
- I know I probably wasn't really awake… Maybe it was lucid dreaming?
- 2 • literary Bright or luminous: birds dipped their wings in the lucid flow of airMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is a lucid, bright day, and a lush tree looms across the window.
- It is empty space, though space that is bright and lucid.
- What a wonderful place the city had been to leave, as I looked down at it through the free and lucid air, the plane pitching in the thunderstorm which loomed as usual over Kenscoff.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His popular books are a model of clarity and lucidity.
- It is written with a great deal of intellectual grit, and its thesis is developed with considerable lucidity and eloquence.
- If we can write well and articulate our views with lucidity, we may be close to meeting the solid connections with our audiences.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The entries are clearly and lucidly written, and informed both by careful architectural and historical analysis and by first-hand knowledge based on visits and inspections.
- Though it's hard work to think precisely, lucidly, logically, it's also enormously invigorating.
- You've lucidly described how a straight yes or no doesn't really work in response to the question ‘Is light a wave?’
late 16th century (in sense 2): from Latin lucidus (perhaps via French lucide or Italian lucido) from lucere 'shine', from lux, luc- 'light'.