Definición de lucid en inglés:
- It's written in very concrete language, very lucid, easy to understand.
- Critics have noted his careful research, objectivity, and a lucid and understated but straightforward writing style.
- The marketing effort, articulated in a lucid style, has been superb.
- However, during a lucid interval he did give instructions to plead, but, if they had the benefit of the reports now before the court, the defence would have opted for a different course of action.
- Is it possible to conceive of madness without lucid intervals?
- We have heard from several people that close relatives with Alzheimer's disease became amazingly lucid for short periods of time after receiving narcotic pain relievers.
- Maybe I'd be able to experience a lucid dream and explore the deeper, darker reaches of my mind.
- Some skeptics do not believe that there is such a state as lucid dreaming.
- I know I probably wasn't really awake… Maybe it was lucid dreaming?
- It is a lucid, bright day, and a lush tree looms across the window.
- It is empty space, though space that is bright and lucid.
- What a wonderful place the city had been to leave, as I looked down at it through the free and lucid air, the plane pitching in the thunderstorm which loomed as usual over Kenscoff.
light from Old English:
The two words spelled light have different sources. The light referring to the rays that stimulate sight shares an ancestor with Greek leukos ‘white’ (found in leukaemia (mid 19th century) a disease that affects the white blood cells), and Latin lux (source of lucid (late 16th century)). The light referring to weight comes from the same ancient root as lung (Old English)—the lightness of the lungs distinguishes them from other internal organs. This sense of light survives in lights (Middle English), the lungs of sheep, pigs or bullocks, used as food, especially for pets. If someone does something that creates a tense or exciting situation, people might say that they light the blue touch-paper. A touch-paper is a type of fuse that will burn slowly when touched by a spark. It is now only used with fireworks, but in the past would also have been a means for igniting gunpowder. The word lighten (Middle English) ‘shed light on’ is the source of lightning (Middle English).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- His popular books are a model of clarity and lucidity.
- It is written with a great deal of intellectual grit, and its thesis is developed with considerable lucidity and eloquence.
- If we can write well and articulate our views with lucidity, we may be close to meeting the solid connections with our audiences.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The entries are clearly and lucidly written, and informed both by careful architectural and historical analysis and by first-hand knowledge based on visits and inspections.
- Though it's hard work to think precisely, lucidly, logically, it's also enormously invigorating.
- You've lucidly described how a straight yes or no doesn't really work in response to the question ‘Is light a wave?’
Palabras que riman con luciddeuced, pellucid, Seleucid
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.