Definición de lugworm en inglés:
A bristle worm that lives in muddy sand, leaving characteristic worm casts on lower shores. It is widely used as bait by fishermen.
- Arenicola marina, class Polychaeta
- Areas exhibiting mixed sand and mud constitute a relatively stable substrate in which typical sand-living animals, such as sand gapers, lugworms, and razor shells, dwell.
- Several other anglers also caught early Pouting using mostly lugworm and ragworm baits presented on three hook rigs clipped down to gain a little extra distance.
- Anglers had a selection of baits with them lugworm, ragworm mackerel, sandeel and peeler crab to catch that winning fish.
early 19th century: from earlier lug 'lugworm' (of unknown origin) + worm.
Definición de lugworm en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary