Definición de lugworm en inglés:
A bristle worm that lives in muddy sand, leaving characteristic worm casts on lower shores. It is widely used as bait by fishermen.
- Arenicola marina, class Polychaeta
- Areas exhibiting mixed sand and mud constitute a relatively stable substrate in which typical sand-living animals, such as sand gapers, lugworms, and razor shells, dwell.
- Several other anglers also caught early Pouting using mostly lugworm and ragworm baits presented on three hook rigs clipped down to gain a little extra distance.
- Anglers had a selection of baits with them lugworm, ragworm mackerel, sandeel and peeler crab to catch that winning fish.
early 19th century: from earlier lug 'lugworm' (of unknown origin) + worm.
Definición de lugworm en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India