Definición de luminescence en inglés:
The emission of light by a substance that has not been heated, as in fluorescence and phosphorescence: honey fungus produces a ghostly greenish luminescence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This property also leads to the intense luminescence and electron transfer capability of porphyrins and many metalloporphyins.
- He studied seawater luminescence and ocean temperatures while charting the path of the Gulf Stream.
- Not electrical, but green luminescence; a glowing paint that had been painted along every shelf and spare inch of wall or floor.
late 19th century: from Latin lumen, lumin- 'light' + -escence (denoting a state).
- 1 adjetivo
- Example sentences
- Fluorescence and phosphorescence are two similar luminescent phenomena.
- A person could place his hand in an x-ray beam before a luminescent screen and view his own bones through a hooded visor.
- The basis for this power is the development of stable and sensitive analysis devices and fluorescent and luminescent probes.
Words that rhyme with luminescenceacquiescence, adolescence, arborescence, coalescence, convalescence, deliquescence, effervescence, essence, evanescence, excrescence, florescence, fluorescence, incandescence, iridescence, juvenescence, obsolescence, opalescence, phosphorescence, pubescence, putrescence, quiescence, quintessence, tumescence
Definición de luminescence en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan