- A crescent-shaped figure formed on a sphere or plane by two arcs intersecting at two points.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hippocrates was able to find the areas of lunes, certain crescent-shaped figures, using his theorem that the ratio of the areas of two circles is the same as the ratio of the squares of their radii.
- He squared certain lunes, and also the sum of a lune and a circle.
- In particular Simplicius quotes the writing on Eudemus on Antiphon's attempts to square the circle and also the attempts of Hippocrates when he squared certain lunes.
early 18th century: from French, from Latin luna 'moon'.
Más definiciones de luneDefinición de lune en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.