Definición de lunette en inglés:
1An arched aperture or window, especially one in a domed ceiling.
- Castlepark House has a central pedimented two storey breakfront, made all the more distinctive by the Venetian window on the first floor which has a small lunette window, almost like a halo, above it.
- At S. Vitale, above the lunettes, flying angels hold up clipei, and it is angels in this position that are also found on the marble table altar made by Bernard Gelduinus, in Toulouse, probably about 1096.
- Still in their original oak frames, the importance of these lunettes lies not only in their intrinsic appeal, but also in their importance to a major interior in Beckford's last architectural project.
1.1A crescent-shaped or semicircular alcove containing something such as a painting or statue.
- Gaspare Celio, writing in 1638, divides the work, stating that the altarpiece is by Giulio Romano and that all the paintings above the cornice (that is, in the lunettes and in the vault) are by Penni.
- Giani wrote in his Preface that the Servite lunette paintings should serve as an example for narrative painting in general, and focused on their didactic function and their role as a visual stimulus to piety.
- In the late cinquecento, Florentine patrons seized upon the cloister lunette fresco cycle as an ideal format for reformist didactic painting.
2A fortification with two faces forming a projecting angle, and two flanks.
- Four figures in the quadrants of the vault and the lunettes that began the Petrine cycle are irretrievably lost - victims of time and eighteenth-century renovations.
- The concealed top-lighting from lunettes in sliced-off semi-domes in Dance's library at Lansdowne House recalls Piranesi's designs for St John Lateran made when Dance was in Rome.
- On the ceiling Raphael painted the personifications of Theology, Philosophy, Jurisprudence and Poetry set within circular enclosures above the lunettes of the walls.
Words that rhyme with lunetteabet, aiguillette, anisette, Annette, Antoinette, arête, Arlette, ate, baguette, banquette, barbette, barrette, basinet, bassinet, beget, Bernadette, beset, bet, Bette, blanquette, Brett, briquette, brochette, brunette (US brunet), Burnett, cadet, caravanette, cassette, castanet, charette, cigarette (US cigaret), clarinet, Claudette, Colette, coquette, corvette, couchette, courgette, croquette, curette, curvet, Debrett, debt, dinette, diskette, duet, epaulette (US epaulet), flageolet, flannelette, forget, fret, galette, gazette, Georgette, get, godet, grisette, heavyset, Jeanette, jet, kitchenette, La Fayette, landaulet, launderette, layette, lazaret, leatherette, let, Lett, lorgnette, luncheonette, Lynette, maisonette, majorette, maquette, Marie-Antoinette, marionette, Marquette, marquisette, martinet, met, minaret, minuet, moquette, motet, musette, Nanette, net, noisette, nonet, novelette, nymphet, octet, Odette, on-set, oubliette, Paulette, pet, Phuket, picquet, pillaret, pincette, pipette, piquet, pirouette, planchette, pochette, quartet, quickset, quintet, regret, ret, Rhett, roomette, rosette, roulette, satinette, septet, serviette, sestet, set, sett, sextet, silhouette, soubrette, spinet, spinneret, statuette, stet, stockinet, sublet, suffragette, Suzette, sweat, thickset, threat, Tibet, toilette, tret, underlet, upset, usherette, vedette, vet, vignette, vinaigrette, wagonette, wet, whet, winceyette, yet, Yvette
Definición de lunette en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan