Definición de lungfish en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or lungfishes)
An elongated freshwater fish with one or two sacs which function as lungs, enabling it to breathe air. It lives in poorly oxygenated water and can aestivate in mud for long periods to survive drought.
- Subclass Dipnoi: families Ceratodontidae (one Australian species), Lepidosirenidae (one South American species), and Protopteridae (four African species)
- The data set included sequences of genes from mammals, birds, amphibians, coelacanths, lungfishes, ray-finned fishes, and cartilaginous fishes.
- The ray-fins include the thousands of familiar sport and commercial fishes, but of the lobe-fins, only eight species survive, six lungfishes and two coelacanths.
- Tiktaalik would have breathed like a lungfish, says Clack, senior assistant curator at Cambridge's University Museum of Zoology.
Definición de lungfish en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan