- Relating to or used in ceremonial purification: in certain contexts, lustral basins are more plausibly interpreted as bathroomsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Many conical cups were brought to light in the West Court, while ceremonies in the Great Hall, with a platform for a lustral basin, were perhaps characterized by restricted attendance.
- The prairies of Iowa and Kansas offer dry land aplenty, and water here is not a carrier of paralyzing sorrow but a healing substance, lustral and often luminous.
- ‘Look,’ said the boy with the slender ankles, ‘it's a lustral basin.'
mid 16th century: from Latin lustralis, from lustrum (see lustrum).
Más definiciones de lustralDefinición de lustral en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.