verbo[with object] Medicine
Dislocate: (as adjective luxated) the joint may become fixed into the luxated position
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The hind-leg problems that trouble Boston terriers are known as luxating patella, a dislocation of the small, flat, moveable bone at the front of the knee.
- Any luxated tooth that interferes with normal occlusion requires immediate dental evaluation and treatment to avoid pain and further complications.
- The patella can become luxated, or dislocated, either as a result of trauma or because of a congenital malformation of the leg.
- luxations should be treated as soon as possibleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Teeth subject to intrusive luxation have been intruded into the alveolar bone, which may occur to the point that the teeth are not visible.
- Teeth subject to lateral or extrusive luxation have been displaced and are loose.
- Among them are patellar luxation (a slipped or dislocated knee joint), spinal cord problems and hydrocephalus.
Early 17th century: from Latin luxat- 'dislocated', from the verb luxare, from luxus 'out of joint'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: lux¦ate
Definición de luxate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda