Definición de macruran en inglés:
Relating to or denoting those decapod crustaceans (such as lobsters and crayfish) which have a relatively long abdomen.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Although groove patterns are less common in phyllocarids than they are in the macruran decapod crustaceans, several genera do exhibit distinctive groove patterns.
- Remy and Avnimelech described a lobster-like macruran decapod, which has subsequently been referred to the Stomatopoda Latreille, 1817, the mantis-shrimps.
- The macruran and brachyuran decapods, which are not as dependent on swimming, and therefore are less concerned with body drag, do not engage in general body grooming, with few exceptions.
- macrurous adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For example, it has a reptant macrurous condition and, contradicting early hypotheses, the legs of this animal are differentiated, some being chelate, while others are achelate.
- Elongated invertebrate animals which effect quick muscular contractions, either as a means of rapid withdrawal and escape like some Annelida and Enteropneusta, or for the purpose of making sudden darts through the water like the macrurous Crustacea and the squids and cuttlefishes, have been shown to possess giant nerve cells and fibres.
Definición de macruran en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda