- Relating to or denoting those decapod crustaceans (such as lobsters and crayfish) which have a relatively long abdomen.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although groove patterns are less common in phyllocarids than they are in the macruran decapod crustaceans, several genera do exhibit distinctive groove patterns.
- Remy and Avnimelech described a lobster-like macruran decapod, which has subsequently been referred to the Stomatopoda Latreille, 1817, the mantis-shrimps.
- The macruran and brachyuran decapods, which are not as dependent on swimming, and therefore are less concerned with body drag, do not engage in general body grooming, with few exceptions.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, it has a reptant macrurous condition and, contradicting early hypotheses, the legs of this animal are differentiated, some being chelate, while others are achelate.
- Elongated invertebrate animals which effect quick muscular contractions, either as a means of rapid withdrawal and escape like some Annelida and Enteropneusta, or for the purpose of making sudden darts through the water like the macrurous Crustacea and the squids and cuttlefishes, have been shown to possess giant nerve cells and fibres.
mid 19th century (as a noun): from modern Latin Macrura (former suborder name), from Greek makros 'long' + oura 'tail', + -an.
Más definiciones de macruranDefinición de macruran en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.