1.1 (madonna) A picture, statue, or medallion of the Madonna.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This week whilst at his daily travail Charles discovered one of his frypans has been miraculously scorched with a ghostly image of the madonna.
- He gave the madonna to Nathella, a riflery simulator to Clancy, pressed flowers to Fiona, and an abstract pattern to Aed.
- During the 1940s came a series of small maquettes of madonna and child, followed by family groups.
1.2 (madonna) An idealized virtuous and beautiful woman: she shows a lot of cleavage in the stunning gowns designed by Helen Rose
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Art and literature are as, if not more, responsible in this respect as law in creating models that reproduce stereotypes of women as madonnas or whores or, in fairy tale terms, wicked witches and sleeping beauties.
- Their colloquy is presided over by the ‘woman in the sun’ of the Book of Revelation; but in Pisanello's lighthearted interpretation she is, however solar, an elegant mouse of a woman; a childlike madonna cheek-to-cheek with her infant.
- One would fight to the death for the lady liege, the madonna, and be happy with a talismanic scarf, a kind glance.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán