1A strong cotton fabric with colourful stripes or checks: [as modifier]: a short-sleeved madras shirt
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For women's wear, the firm generated interest with its crushed voile in small plaids and stronger madras plaids, noted Luc Wende, marketing manager.
- The costume features madras fabric, introduced from India after Antigua won independence.
- He wore a Shazi polo shirt - a mixture of black and madras cloth.
2A dish of meat, fish, or vegetables in a hot curry sauce.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There were about 15 main dishes in total, including about half-a-dozen for vegetarians, with all the sauces being pretty much run-of-the-mill, such as korma, madras and jalfrezi.
- Just when you think you couldn't possibly see another choice, a new page opens up in the menu, hitting you with dhansak, dupiaza, madras and vindaloo.
- After these there are nine chicken varieties including a madras, korma and vindaloo.
Mid 19th century: by association with Madras.
Palabras que riman con Madrasbrass, carse, class, coup de grâce, farce, glass, grass, Grasse, impasse, Kars, kick-ass, kvass, Laplace, Maas, outclass, pass, sparse, stained glass, surpass, upper class, volte-face
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda