- 1A light mauvish-crimson which is one of the primary subtractive colours, complementary to green: bright pink double flowers each lined in dark magenta [as modifier]: a short magenta dressMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Painted on top of each are geometric shapes that range from dark green to magenta to off-white.
- Fake furs are presented in an especially trendy style - in fashionable colours from magenta to lime green and cyan blue.
- The dancers are in flat slippers, the costumes are in bold autumnal colours of magenta, orange and dark yellow, and the girls have their hair loose.
- 1.1The dye fuchsin.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The synthetic dye magenta was the next major commercial success.
- The red-violet dye magenta was first produced commercially in France in 1858.
- Occasionally the dyes, such as magenta, mauve, the bright blues, or Metternich green, initiated the fashion.
mid 19th century: named after Magenta in northern Italy, site of a battle (1859) fought shortly before the red dye was discovered.