Definición de magnanimous en inglés:
Generous or forgiving, especially towards a rival or less powerful person: she should be magnanimous in victory
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- More importantly, the ode implies that Henri is generous and magnanimous.
- She decided that, in light of the news she was going to share, she could be magnanimous and forgive Aria.
- It should be realised that without their good will and magnanimous gesture, such a major project as this could not go ahead.
generous, charitable, benevolent, beneficent, open-handed, big-hearted, great-hearted, munificent, bountiful, liberal, handsome, princely, altruistic, kind, kindly, philanthropic, chivalrous, noble;
- Example sentences
- Interestingly, the youngsters have handled highbrow ostracism magnanimously, countering it with open arms and inclusiveness.
- Petrova had no complaints about the final result, as she magnanimously admitted that she had been beaten by a better player on the day.
- He gestures silently, magnanimously to his guests, making a great show of his joy at their attendance.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan