Generous or forgiving, especially towards a rival or less powerful person: she should be magnanimous in victory
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- More importantly, the ode implies that Henri is generous and magnanimous.
- She decided that, in light of the news she was going to share, she could be magnanimous and forgive Aria.
- It should be realised that without their good will and magnanimous gesture, such a major project as this could not go ahead.
generous, charitable, benevolent, beneficent, open-handed, big-hearted, great-hearted, munificent, bountiful, liberal, handsome, princely, altruistic, kind, kindly, philanthropic, chivalrous, noble;
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Interestingly, the youngsters have handled highbrow ostracism magnanimously, countering it with open arms and inclusiveness.
- Petrova had no complaints about the final result, as she magnanimously admitted that she had been beaten by a better player on the day.
- He gestures silently, magnanimously to his guests, making a great show of his joy at their attendance.