Definición de magnet en inglés:
1A piece of iron or other material which has its component atoms so ordered that the material exhibits properties of magnetism, such as attracting other iron-containing objects or aligning itself in an external magnetic field.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ferroelectric materials can create an electric field the way iron magnets create a magnetic field.
- Understanding more complex substances is the key to designing materials for stronger magnets in order to build more efficient and powerful electrical generators and motors.
- Iron, cobalt and nickel are the best known metallic magnets, and their magnetic properties are governed by the conduction electrons that are free to move throughout the metal.
1.1A person or thing that has a powerful attraction: the beautiful stretch of white sand is a magnet for sun-worshippers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mansion House was a magnet for the powerful, both native and foreign.
- The Italian city of marble and water is a magnet for art-lovers, but culture is not the only attraction.
- Over the last few years the Manx isle has become a magnet for top movie producers, who are lured by a variety of landscapes in a compact area and by the financial incentives laid on by the Isle of Man Film Commission.
1.2 archaic term for lodestone.
Palabras que riman con magnetHamnett • pomegranate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda