- 1Exhibiting or relating to magnetism: the clock has a magnetic back to stick to the fridgeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His magnetic boots stuck to the floor a bit longer than a normal shoe would have, but then again, with normal shoes, Patrick would be floating.
- When I spoke to Howse on the telephone I was not aware that the magnetic powder had to stick to the insect because it was not described in the newspaper article.
- In the 1990's many women began to create photo albums that were more than simply photos stuck in magnetic albums.
- 1.1Capable of being attracted by or acquiring the properties of a magnet: steel is magneticMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That is that it is attracted by the magnetic field but does not remain magnetic once it leaves the field.
- In this case the young experimenters see that one of the little nails stays attracted when the battery is disconnected and understand that the magnetic effect somehow stays in the electromagnet.
- Most materials are not ferromagnetic, but there are a variety of magnetic effects that other materials exhibit.
- 2(Of a bearing in navigation) measured relative to magnetic north.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Path comes and goes, compass bearing is 255 degrees magnetic.
- If you were carrying a hand-bearing compass you could have made a note of the other vessel's magnetic relative bearing and checked it again every few minutes.
- My friends and colleagues who are interested in alignments say they keep finding things which point towards either 125 degrees magnetic or to its diametric opposite (125+180= 305).
- 3Very attractive or alluring: his magnetic personalityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There was something about Isabelle's personality that was magnetic - people were just drawn to her, including Corey.
- Tigers are alluring animals and stories about them always have a magnetic appeal.
- From every act, from every word of the persona he has presented to the camera since the early 1970s, there emanates at once a mediocrity and a magnetic allure.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Virtually all of my tee shots are horribly sliced, as my ball seems to be magnetically drawn to hazards, poor lies and forests to the immediate left of that uncharted strip of welcoming turf known as the fairway.
- Gary the guide reported that for all Beijing's attractions, westerners are magnetically attracted to the local flea market, the Silk Alley Market.
- This black box is a vehicle tracking system, and what's unique about it is, it can be attached magnetically to a vehicle in very little time.
early 17th century: from late Latin magneticus, from Latin magneta (see magnet).