- Relativity would arrive, not from concerns over the flaws in Newton's mechanics, but rather from contemplating the forces of electricity and magnetism as well as the mysteries of light.
- Maxwell's theory of electromagnetism, for example, united the previously disjointed phenomena of electricity and magnetism.
- In 1820 the Danish physicist H C Orsted produced experimental results on electricity and magnetism.
All magnetism is due to circulating electric currents. In magnetic materials the magnetism is produced by electrons orbiting within the atoms; in most substances the magnetic effects of different electrons cancel each other out, but in some, such as iron, a net magnetic field can be induced by aligning the atoms.
- Jacques-Louis Lions was a man of considerable personal magnetism and charm, whose charisma, brilliance as a teacher, and accessibility attracted other to work with him.
- Professor Krebs's brilliant mind and personal magnetism have attracted numerous students to his laboratory.
- I stood transfixed, staring as he glowed with magnetism and enchanted charm.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: mag¦net|ism
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.