- An electron tube for amplifying or generating microwaves, with the flow of electrons controlled by an external magnetic field.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You remember there had been developed in my laboratory by Randall and Boot, a cavity magnetron which made microwave radar possible and I went to America in connection with the early days of this.
- Randall had set up the unit on the basis of his wartime reputation, having developed (with Henry Boot) the cavity magnetron, the heart of airborne radar and a crucial element in the Allies' narrow victory in the battle of the Atlantic.
- Today, magnetrons are used as the source of heat in microwave ovens.
Más definiciones de magnetronDefinición de magnetron en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.