- 1The quality of being magnificent: the magnificence of the surrounding countrysideMás ejemplos en oraciones
splendour, resplendence, grandeur, greatness, impressiveness, imposingness, glory, gloriousness, majesty, nobility, pomp, pomp and circumstance, stateliness, sumptuousness, opulence, luxuriousness, luxury, lavishness, richness, brilliance, radiance, dazzle, beauty, elegance, distinction, spectacle, pageantry, splendidness, gorgeousness, éclat, elevation, transcendence, transcendency
- In its heyday, the Cathay was renowned for its luxury and magnificence.
- Moreover their capital was famous as a City of Palaces, able to rival in grandeur and magnificence anything in South Asia.
- We might as well have been in Paris or Rome, such was the beauty and magnificence of our trip.
- 1.1 (His/Your etc. Magnificence) chiefly • historical A title or form of address for a monarch or other distinguished person.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A eunuch leaned and brushed the emperor's ear with his headdress, and said, ‘The gates, Your Magnificence.’