- 1Extremely beautiful, elaborate, or impressive: a dramatic landscape of magnificent mountainsMás ejemplos en oraciones
splendid, spectacular, impressive, striking, glorious, superb, majestic, awesome, awe-inspiring, breathtakingsumptuous, resplendent, grand, impressive, imposing, monumental, palatial, noble, proud, stately, exalted, royal, regal, kingly, imperial, princely, opulent, fine, luxurious, lavish, rich, brilliant, radiant, dazzling, beautiful, elegant, gorgeous, elevated, transcendent
- It was a beautiful warm and calm day, and the view of mountains and lakes were magnificent.
- Itala, Mkuzi and Hluhluwe Umfolozi are all rich in game and magnificent scenery.
- If you take a distinguished poem and set it to magnificent music you can make a beautiful song.
- 2Very good; excellent: she paid tribute to their magnificent effortsMás ejemplos en oraciones
admirable, fine, great, wonderful, notablemasterly, skilful, virtuoso, splendid, excellent, impressive, fine, coruscating, marvellous, wonderful, tremendous• informal super, terrific, glorious, superb, stellar, brilliant, great, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, out of this world, (like) a million dollars
- Music will play a key part in the celebrations as the church boasts an excellent choir and a magnificent organ.
- The adjudicator can only say well done to all concerned on this magnificent effort.
- Harlequins' wing Ben Gollings added a further try to crown a magnificent effort.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His voice may not be as pure as it once was, nor soar quite so magnificently, but it is still wonderfully hypnotic.
- Once again the girls acquitted themselves magnificently by making it all the way to the semi-finals on the day.
- Jim Culloty is a remarkable sports person who has always competed magnificently at the very top of his sport.
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin magnificent- 'making great', based on magnus 'great'.