- Using high-flown or bombastic language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
grandiloquent, high-sounding, high-flown, lofty, heroic, grandiose, ornate, pompous, pretentious, bombastic, overblown, overripe, rhetorical, oratorical, orotund, declamatory, sonorous, rotund, stilted, turgid, boastful, bragging, braggart, Falstaffian• informal highfalutin• rare fustian
- I had no idea ‘If you will ‘was supposed to be a magniloquent term in the 2000s, according to Fleming.
- In short, this Budget, which did not correspond with the magniloquent speech of the Chancellor of the Exchequer, could not stand.
- Mrs. Samuel Smith, an American lady, known to my cousin, asked for my accompaniment to a magniloquent lecture the other evening.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Written in magniloquently Gothic letters of gold leaf, the composer's name on the portrait above his left shoulder recalls the style of the escutcheons of the knights of the Golden Fleece.
mid 17th century: from Latin magniloquus (from magnus 'great' + -loquus '-speaking') + -ent.