1A tree or shrub with large, typically creamy-pink or -white, waxy flowers.
- Genus Magnolia, family Magnoliaceae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The crocuses and daffodils have come and gone, the magnolias and cherry trees are in bloom.
- There's a natural coherence and spacing about the twisted elder trees, the large magnolias currently flowering in a pale pink, and the squirrels darting, students and ducks ambling among them.
- Lightly prune young magnolias after they flower to encourage a pyramidal shape.
1.1 [mass noun] A pale creamy-white colour like that of magnolia blossom: [as modifier]: the woodwork is in magnolia gloss
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fat on a free-range organic chicken should be magnolia in colour and the body should be plump.
- You have invested in four terraced houses in Stratford East, east London, and refurbished them simply, with magnolia paint and beige carpets everywhere, and treated them all to new kitchens and bathrooms.
- Even though it is much finished I would like to change the colour scheme from the nice and neutral magnolia heaven it is now to something a bit more vibrant.
Modern Latin, named after Pierre Magnol (1638–1715), French botanist.
Palabras que riman con magnoliaAnatolia, melancholia, Mongolia
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda