sustantivo (plural magnum opuses or magna opera /ˌmagnə ˈəʊpərə, ˈɒpərə/)
- A work of art, music, or literature that is regarded as the most important or best work that an artist, composer, or writer has produced.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The comic version may well turn out to be the writer Alan Moore's magnum opus.
- A central theme of his poetry, as well as of his magnum opus, the novel Doctor Zhivago, is man's destiny in revolutionary times.
- On the eve of the First World War, having completed his magnum opus Principia Mathematica on which he had toiled for 10 years, Russell was at a loose end.
late 18th century: from Latin, 'great work'.
Más definiciones de magnum opusDefinición de magnum opus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.