- 1(In South Asia) a revered person regarded with love and respect; a holy person or sage.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- India is the birthplace of Hinduism as well as Buddhism, motherland of Sikhs and Jains, the abode of more rishis, sadhus, mahatmas, and maharishis than any place on earth.
- There have been great saints and mahatmas in the past, who replied thus even to emperors and monarchs.
- Those whose actions show them to be self-realized are often described as mahatmas or great selves.
from Sanskrit mahātman, from mahā 'great' + ātman 'soul'.
Más definiciones de mahatmaDefinición de mahatma en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.