- 1An unmarried noblewoman attending a queen or princess.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Instead of tea and bread and butter, which has prevailed of late years, the maids of honor in Queen Elizabeth's time were allowed three rumps of beef for their breakfast.
- The daughter of Edward Hyde, earl of Clarendon, staunch royalist and lord chancellor to Charles II, Anne met James, duke of York, while she was maid of honour to Mary, princess royal and princess of Orange.
- In addition to bringing Brittany to the crown, Anne left an indelible mark on French court life by introducing the concept of the queen's maids of honor.
- 1.1North American A principal bridesmaid.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Bridal shower preparations are given by the maid of honour and bridesmaids.
- The bride's dress will probably be finished with a faux fur shrug and the bridesmaids and maids of honor will adorn lots of silver and gold!
- There were guests, a maid of honor, a best man, and even a wedding singer.
- 2British A small tart filled with flavoured milk curds.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sally Lunn's buns are perhaps not as well known as Bakewell tart, Richmond maids of honour and Eccles cakes but that is because they never appear outside their home town.
Más definiciones de maid of honourDefinición de maid of honour en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.