Definición de main beam en inglés:
1A principal beam which transmits a load directly to a column.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- All columns and main beams are 200 mm square laminated pine members, while secondary roof elements, roof linings and most other woodwork are made of untreated pine, the aroma of which permeates the whole complex.
- The primary structure was a box beam, comprising two main beams.
- The piece cut off the frame is used for the main beam of the arch.
2British The full (rather than dipped) beam of the headlights of a motor vehicle: headlights were good, particularly on main beam
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mr Amor, of Great Cheverell, said: ‘I had my headlights on main beam when I saw something on the side of the road looking back at me.’
- The lights are good on dip and brilliant on main beam with good spread coverage.
- Designed primarily for off-road use, the lamps operate only when main beam is selected, a literally brilliant safety extra when driving on country roads at night.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia