- A series of types to which most stars belong, represented on a Hertzsprung-Russell diagram as a continuous band extending from the upper left (hot, bright stars) to the lower right (cool, dim stars): [as modifier]: main sequence starsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The pressure from these nuclear reactions at the star's core balances the pull of gravity, and the star is now called a main sequence star.
- The Sun is an unusually variable star for its position on the main sequence, something that might explain why Intelligent life is found here, and not everywhere.
- Several million years is a long time in comparison to a human life span, but it is short in comparison to the life span of main sequence stars.
Más definiciones de main sequenceDefinición de main sequence en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.