Definición de main verb en inglés:
1The verb in a main clause.
- An intermediate step is to put the ‘using’ clauses between the object and the main verb, like this.
- Maybe Dickens needed a good sub-editor to remind him that the rules require sentences to contain proper main verbs.
- This was ‘translated’ from German, as shown by the placement of the main verb at the end of the sentence.
2The head of a verb phrase, for example eat in might have been going to eat it.
- The combination of helping verbs with main verbs creates what are called verb phrases or verb strings.
- When writing the rule, always use the base form of the main verb and any auxiliary verbs.
- It appears that the semi-modals are hybrid forms, combining characteristics of both main verbs and auxiliary verbs.
Definición de main verb en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan