Definición de majoritarian en inglés:
Governed by or believing in decision by a majority: the value of the Supreme Court as guardian of our liberties depends on its being distanced from ordinary majoritarian politics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The democracy part implies that those areas of policy requiring collective decision making will reflect majoritarian preferences.
- He believes the Greens' values are majoritarian values that can reach across the political spectrum.
- How can majoritarian politics durably sustain policies harmful to majority interests?
sustantivoVolver al principio
A person who supports government by a majority: the hectoring tone of majoritarians toward heterodox opinions
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Richard concludes his essay with an observation that I wish conservative democratic majoritarians (and their democratic compatriots on the left) would take to heart.
- Third, I do not claim that all the Founders were ‘libertarians,’ but (as I discuss in my book but not in this paper) neither were they democratic majoritarians.
- But this libertarian view antagonizes both the diversitarians and the majoritarians more than anything, more even than they antagonize each other.
- majoritarianism sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- First, the dominant principle of American democracy is not unconstrained majoritarianism.
- This majoritarianism has combined with other features to provide Britain with responsible party government.
- Still, there is a distinction to be made between majority rule and majoritarianism.
Palabras que riman con majoritarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definición de majoritarian en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda