- A crustacean of the large class Malacostraca, such as a crab, shrimp, or lobster.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Malacostracans exhibit the hard, calcified exoskeleton typical of crustaceans.
- Malacostracans play such an important role in aquatic ecosystems that their conservation is an important issue.
- Shifts between aquatic and terrestrial habitats were likely promoted by the availability of malacostracans in both terrestrial and aquatic habitats.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to or denoting malacostracans.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a study of 47 species of malacostracan arthropods, Becker found that most of the taxa were not heavily fouled.
- Classical eyestalk ablation experiments have demonstrated that malacostracan reproduction is under sinus gland control.
- Therefore, the homology of entomostracan and malacostracan neuronal stem cells remains uncertain.
Más definiciones de malacostracanDefinición de malacostracan en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.